I’ve been on the keto diet for over a year now, and while I love the results I’ve achieved, it can be tough to find snacks that don’t make you feel hungry throughout the day. I love sheet pan nachos, but it’s easy to make a lot in one go and that’s not a fun experience.
Human beings have been eating tortilla chips for centuries! It is hard to believe since they are typically a processed food full of non-nutritional garbage. If you are one of those people who is looking for a healthier alternative, we have some great news for you! A few years ago, HILO LIFE invested heavily in R&D and created a chip with all of the essential fatty acids (EFA’s) that is comparable to tortilla chips without all of the empty calories. We also added the ability to consume the chips whole without the need to cut them, making them the perfect keto snack.
The amount of HILO LIFE chips I eat is a matter of NACHO!
You probably thought that once you were on the keto diet, you would never eat nachos again. ….. I have good news for you guys! HILO LIFE has made the keto dream come true with the creation of these incredibly delicious tortilla chips. These nachos are twice as delicious with HILO LIFE Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style chips!
Making these tasty keto nachos is pretty easy!
Store-bought taco seasoning can be very convenient, but unfortunately many ready-to-use seasoning mixes can contain hidden sugars and even gluten and unnecessary carbs. That’s why I always prefer to make my own mixes; check out my taco seasoning mix recipe below!
But you can also use your favorite taco seasoning from the store if you like!
Tips for making the best keto nachos in a pan:
- If you like EXTRA stuffing…. don’t hold back! I’ve added all my favorites to this recipe, but if there’s something special you like to add to your nachos, go for it! Here are some ideas: Olives, sour cream, nacho cheese, hot sauce, salsa, jalapenos, chicken strips…. the list goes on and on!
- That’s what makes it fun! If you want a smaller, faster version, make Walking Nachos (nachos in a bag). Just open a bag of Nacho HILO LIFE cheese chips and fill it with all the ingredients in this recipe….. and voila! They have walking nachos that don’t need to be cooked.
- Spice it up! Store-bought taco seasoning can be a lifesaver, but if you have more time, make them at home with the seasonings you already have. It’s a win-win option to save money and feel better!
Keto Skillet Nachos
.. : 6 SERIES
Preparation time: 40 MINUTES
Cooking time: 15 MINUTES
Total time : 55 MINUTES
Add more cheese to those nachos with HILO Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips. So much crunch and flavor!
Nachos loaded with keto:
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 bags HILO LIFE Nacho Cheese Crisps
- 1/2 cup Mexican Käsemischung, zerkleinert
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 1/4 cup red onion (pickled or fresh)
- 1/2 jalapeño, sliced
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1/8 cup cor cor cor cor ha ha ha ha
Taco seasoning mix:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
Preheat oven to 400°F (or grill, see step 3). In a small bowl, mix all the spices for the taco seasoning and set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant.
Put the minced meat in the pan and brown it (you don’t need to drain the fat), then add the taco seasoning and up to 1/4 cup of water. Stir well and simmer for a few minutes or until the mixture thickens, then remove the pan from the heat. Cover the cooked taco meat with a lid to keep it warm.
Spray the baking sheet with baking spray to prevent sticking. Spread the HILO LIFE tortilla chips in an even layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Bake 5 minutes at 400 degrees or grill 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the cooked taco meat and nacho filling of your choice on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Meals are based on the toppings listed above, but may vary with the addition of toppings of your choice.
Performance: 6, serving size: 1/6 of a pan
Amount per serving:
417 calories | 31.1 g fat | 9.2 g total carbohydrates | 3.2 g fiber | 2 g sugar | 25.3 g protein | 6 g net carbs
Provided for you by
These are medium keto nachos!
If you’re looking for an easy, savory and very tasty keto snack, don’t miss these skillet keto nachos with HILO LIFE tortilla chips. You can get the whole team involved by cutting off part of the portion, so everyone can choose the toppings they want. Then it’s just: dig!
My assistant Jenna tried this recipe and here are her thoughts!
I love that you can customize the nachos and that they are so delicious! I made a half portion with beef, cheese and tomatoes for the kids, and added guac, radishes, red onions and more for me.
I also really like HILO LIFE chips! I often buy another brand of keto chips and these are so great. This is definitely a cleaner recipe. This was such an easy lunch and I can’t wait to make it again! Maybe next time with Hilo Life chips with spicy salsa – yum!
Find more great keto snacks here!
sheet pan nachos recipeoven temp for nachoswhat to put on nachosnachos supreme recipe,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,sheet pan nachos recipe,oven temp for nachos,what to put on nachos,nachos supreme recipe