If you’re a lover of holiday foods, you’ve probably already made the decision to follow a ketogenic diet. But if you’re like most people, you haven’t followed a ketogenic diet for some time—maybe even a year or longer! And that’s okay. As we approach the time to prepare for the holidays—and the season of binge eating that follows—we may be tempted to revert back to our old ways. But a ketogenic diet offers several advantages over other diets, making it the perfect choice for anyone looking to lose weight and improve their health.
The holidays are coming, which means we can look forward to some great cooking and festive meals. But if you’re new to the ketogenic lifestyle, this isn’t going to be the easiest task. After all, you don’t want to be upset with yourself if you don’t have time to make the low-carb holiday staples from turkey and pumpkin pie to eggnog and eggnog lattes.
There’s nothing better than a keto cranberry sauce for the party table!
I don’t know about you, but a feast is not the same without cranberry sauce. We asked our Facebook community which party food they missed the most after going keto. To my surprise, many of them answered cranberry sauce! I agree, this is one of my favorite parts of our holiday meals.
We present: Cranberry Sauce Keto!
You may be surprised to learn that cranberries contain fewer carbohydrates than you think. Just keep an eye on the portion size and you can enjoy this delicious holiday treat.
Tips for making keto cranberry sauce:
- If you like a crumblier cranberry sauce, I recommend simmering the sauce for about 12-13 minutes. I like it a little more liquid, so I let it simmer for 15-17 minutes.
- This sauce can be kept in the freezer for up to a month. So make a big batch and use it for all your festive dishes this season.
- It’s not just about the turkey! You can also put this cranberry sauce on a block of cream cheese and make it a nice appetizer with crackers or keto vegetables. YUMMY!
Cranberry Sauce Keto
.. : 8 SERIES
Preparation time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking time: 17 MINUTES
Total time : 27 MINUTES
Sour cranberries and sugar-free sweetness are the highlight of your party table!
- Add the water, lime juice, orange extract, lakanto sugar and Swerve to a medium saucepan. Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the cranberries. Cook over medium heat for 13 to 17 minutes, depending on the thickness or creaminess of your cranberry sauce. The longer you cook the cranberries, the softer the consistency.
- Garnish with fresh orange zest and let cool until serving time.
Call: 2 cups, serving size: 1/4 cup
Amount per serving:
22 calories | 0.1 g fat | 10.3 g total carbohydrates | 1.5 g fiber | 5 g granulated sugar | 0.2 g protein | 3.7 g net carbs
Provided for you by
A popular party drink to transition to keto!
I love that I can still eat my favorite party foods without feeling guilty! This low-carb cranberry sauce will satisfy even the pickiest non-chainarian.
Try it and tell me what you think!
My assistant Jenna tried this recipe and here are her thoughts:
My favorite on the Thanksgiving table is the cranberry sauce! I add it to everything – turkey, stuffing, mashed cauliflower, etc. I love that you can eat this dish without eating too many carbs. What I love most about it is that it’s easy to make and so full of flavor that it feels like I’m eating my old favorite carbohydrate drink.
You can also eat bread on keto! Check out all of our favorite keto bread recipes here.